Re: [xsl] Specifying element associated with attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] Specifying element associated with attribute
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:37:56 -0700 (MST)
Jeni Tennison wrote:
> To go from an attribute to its element involves using the parent::
> axis.

I would add that in any discussion of the relationship between elements
and their attributes, it is prudent to mention that in XPath/XSLT,
attributes are not, contrary to what one might think, the children of
their elements. But elements are their attributes' parents. An interesting
paradox, that only makes sense if you consider that attributes are like
rebellious teenagers.

   - Mike