RE: [xsl] An attempt to get an answer, this time.

Subject: RE: [xsl] An attempt to get an answer, this time.
From: "Weakliem, Gordon" <Gordon.Weakliem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:42:29 -0700
Don't understand the problem you're seeing, when I pull up the URL you gave
it's clearly been formatted according to the stylesheet rules you gave.  I
can't speak for the accents, though there are accented characters in the
result, I don't speak French, so they could be garbage for all I know.

In any case, this is all client-side formatting - you're asking IE to
download an XML file and the <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="cv2000.xsl"?> pi tells IE that you want to use cv2000.xsl to format
it, as opposed to the default stylesheet.  All this works fine for me using
IE 5.5.  Setting aside network problems, I can't think of why IE couldn't
handle this.

I know you aren't asking for design advice, but if you're putting your CV on
the web, doesn't it make sense to write it so that non - IE users can view
it?  As far as I know, no other browser will be able to do the client side
processing you've set up.