Re: [xsl] Re: topological sort

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: topological sort
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:41:29 +0000
Hi Joerg,

> This makes the struct processing significantly faster.

Woohoo! :)  Finally.  As you point out, a lot of the payoffs between
different possible ways of performing the same transformation depend
on (a) the structure of the XML document that you're actually dealing
with and (b) the implementation and optimisations of the XSLT
processor that you're using.

> Should i reanimate the "XSLT compilation" thread whith an essay
> about XSLT optimisations i'd like to see? I've meddled with compiler
> building and term rewriting systems in an earlier life...

Don't see why not :)  Mike Kay wrote a bit ago about some of the
optimisations that he's used in Saxon but I don't think that we've
heard from anyone else.

Cheers,

Jeni

---