Re: [xsl] lower --> upper case

Subject: Re: [xsl] lower --> upper case
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:48:15 +0000
Hi Benj,

> I got a xsl:variable with some text in lower case and I want to get
> it in upper case... how can I do that ?

In most cases, you can use the translate() function with the first
argument being the text you want to convert, the second a string
consisting of the alphabet in lower case and the third a string
consisting of the alphabet (in the same order) in upper case.  The
translate() function converts each of the characters in the second
string into the equivalently positioned character in the third string,
so all the lower-case letters are converted into upper-case letters:

  translate($myvar,
            'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz',
            'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ')

I hope that helps,