Re: R: [xsl] Outputting XML to hidden HTML form fields

Subject: Re: R: [xsl] Outputting XML to hidden HTML form fields
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:50:06 GMT
> That's what I need, but MSXSL (correctly, I guess :-))) automatically
> escapes everything inside the <xsl:attribute>, even if you add
> "disable-output-escaping='yes'" to each <xsl:text> element.

Yes but this isn't a restriction of XSL (or the MSXSL implementation)
It's a restriction of XML. You can not have a literal < in an attribute
value. So if you want the output to be XML there is no way to get what
you want, even if you used a non standard extension function.
You can have literal < in HTML (because that's SGML not XML) so an
alternative would be to use the HTML output method.

> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot;
> name=&quot;_desc_</xsl:text>

You don't need the  disable-output-escaping here (although it does no harm)