Re: [xsl] Unique Text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unique Text
From: Mike Moran <Mike.Moran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:07:22 +0000
David Carlisle wrote:

> >  but can I do words too?
>
> yes, but to be honest you probably don't want to (it'd take some rather
> hairy rrecursive templates, probably) Can't you just pass perl over the
> input forst and make every word be marked up as
> which would make your life so much easier.
>
> It was mentioned on this list the other day that saxon has an extension
> function to tokenise white space separated strings as a node list,
> which would be an equivalent suggestion

That's probably not worth it. I was mostly just wanting to reduce parse
time of the perl script by turning everything into plain text. Reducing
links to a set makes sense since it doesn't require a lot of work and it
will minimise crawling on the perl script side.

Btw, is there any way to get the base URI of a document *whilst* parsing
it?

--
Mike.Moran@xxxxxxxxxxx
                   Web: http://houseofmoran.com/