RE: [xsl] New nntp news group for xsl-fo discussion

Subject: RE: [xsl] New nntp news group for xsl-fo discussion
From: "Max Dunn" <maxdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:40:34 -0800
> With news groups they will be there when I return because
> news.barkto.com keeps all messages going back several months.

Lists have archives too.  And in this case, some awesome companion sites
such as Dave Pawson's and Jeni Tennison's.  See:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/
http://www.egroups.com/messages/XSL-FO/1
http://archive.covalent.net/
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/xslfaq.html
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/index.html
I prefer the last two links to any list archive I've seen, as they are
filtered to show only the usable results ("final answers") of discussion and
are edited by dedicated experts.

I agree with Ken that a second FO-only group is redundant.  The concept of
an FO-only group is great, for advocacy if nothing else, but the eGroups
list serves this need and is off to a good start.  One nice feature of
eGroups is the ability to upload files to the files area (i.e.
http://www.egroups.com/files/XSL-FO/ ) of the group site.

Max
http://www.siliconpublishing.org/