RE: [xsl] nbsp;

Subject: RE: [xsl] nbsp;
From: "Derek Odegard" <derek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:17:38 -0600
Alec Cove:
> when I transform it (using XT) I get an error: Reference to
> undefined entity
> " ".
>
> other entities like &amp; work fine, anyone know why this happens?

Most HTML entities don't work in XML/XSLT. &amp; is the only one I use
regularly, but I would guess that &gt; and &lt; would work, and possibly
&quot;.

For a non-breaking space, try &#xa;. Actually, I usually do
<xsl:text>&#xa;</xsl:text>, but I can't remember why. I think the XSLT
processor was treating the &#xa; as regular ol' white space when not
enclosed in xsl:text, but it's been a long time since I started doing it
that way, so I don't recall clearly.

--Derek Odegard
  derek@xxxxxxxxx
  http://www.pixelpony.com/