Re: [xsl] New nntp news group for xsl-fo discussion

Subject: Re: [xsl] New nntp news group for xsl-fo discussion
From: Martin Stricker <shugal@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:12:14 +0100
Max Dunn wrote:
> It would be interesting to see how many participants actually use FO
> at all.

I do. :-) Apache's fop, to be exactly. They have a good mailing list,
but it covers fop-specific topics most. I'm missing a general XSL-FO
list where I can discuss the language itself!

> There is definitely a subset of "XSL" users who are interested in
> only the transformation part, and there is also a subset that are
> more focused on (and/or more eager to receive e-mails on an instant
> basis about) FO.

I'm interested in both XSL-T and XSL-FO. But I definitely like them to
be separated from each other, meaning two mailing lists instead of one.

> I would think it best if Mullberrytech either changes this to cover
> just XSLT (referring FO to the eGroups site) or starts an FO list.

Basically the egroups XSL-FO list does the trick, but I would feel more
comfortable with another host than egroups with their limitations.
Mulberrytech has proven themselves a trustworthy host, I would happily
join a XSL-FO list here and end the egroups one.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker