[xsl] Finding another element with the same name as the current node

Subject: [xsl] Finding another element with the same name as the current node
From: Jo Bourne <venus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 23:39:05 +1100
Hello,

My xml document has two main "branches" and while processing elements in one
branch I need to find an element in the other branch with the same name and
extract the value of one of its attributes. Is there a way of finding the
name of the element currently being processed in a for-each loop and
inserting it as a variable within the loop?

Thanks
Jo

Sample page:
<page>
<branch1>
 <child1>blah</child1>
 <child2>blah</child2>
 <child3>blah</child3>
</branch1>
<branch2>
 <child1 att="x">blah</child1>
 <child2 att="x">blah</child2>
 <child3 att="x">blah</child3>
</branch2>
</page>

Sample for-each loop ("NAME_OF_CURRENT_ELEMEN" indicates where I think I
need to put the name of the current element as a variable):

            <xsl:for-each select="child::*">
sans-serif"><xsl:apply-templates
select="//branch1/NAME_OF_CURRENT_ELEMENT"><xsl:value-of
select="@att"></xsl:apply-templates></font></td>
sans-serif"><xsl:copy-of select="./*|./text()"/></font></td>
            </xsl:for-each>

--
Jo Bourne
Virtual Artists Pty Ltd