Re: [xsl] Parameter in "xsl:include"

Subject: Re: [xsl] Parameter in "xsl:include"
From: Martin Renner <m.renner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 17:11:48 +0059
Hi.

No. (FAQ). xsl:include is a compile-time facility, not run-time. Explain
your problem, and someone will tell you the right way of solving it.

Cool service :-)

I have several XSL files which have some parts in common. So I would like to put those common parts (three different "xsl:template match" blocks) in three different files which can be included as needed.

The XSL files, which will include the common files, are structered within subdirectories.

To make the use of the includes less error-prone, all include-statements should look the same (so someone can use copy&paste).

e.g. something like

file1:      include "$common/template1.xsl"
sub1/file2: include "$common/template1.xsl"

instead of

file1:      include "../common/template1.xsl"
sub1/file2: include "../../common/template1.xsl"

The parameter "$common" is already set to the correct directory. It's just that I cannot use it in xsl:include.

Martin