Re: [xsl] International Characters in attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] International Characters in attributes
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:58:55 GMT
> That definitely solves the problem, however, I am not able to hardcode the
> encoding type into the XSL, since the application could be viewed by two or
> more different viewers at the same time (possiby one viewing a french
> version, and another in japanese and another in english)

The encoding in the file is an entirely "internal" feature.
It matters not a bit what encoding is used as long as it contains the
characters used in element and attribute names (which in your case was
html, thus ascii) As far as eleemnt content goes any encoding will do.
The XML parser at the other end will decode the thing just as well.
In particular all parsers are mandated to support utf8.

David