Re: [xsl] Fwd: [Schematron-love-in] Screamatron Torture Test

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fwd: [Schematron-love-in] Screamatron Torture Test
From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 21:08:54 -0700
> >Rick Jelliffe wrote:
>
> >I've put a page detailing the results of attempting to port
> >conformance1-5.xsl
> >(i.e. the new skeleton with the conformance language output) to about 10
> >different
> >Wintel C and Java off-the-shelf XSLT processors.
> >http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron/1.5/conrep.html
> >
> >Executive Summary: we don't have a chance of getting anywhere until
> >the XSLT implementations are better.  I pity the innocent programmer who
> >reads about Schematron and downloads it and tries to make it work.
> >
> >Recommended processors: SAXON first, with XT and Xalan4C also acceptable.

Just wanted to note, since Dave posted this here, that 4XSLT appears to handle
the Schematron conformance test with nary a problem, and although I can't say
for sure since Rick doesn't post the machine on which he got his timings, it
looks as if 4XSLT is quite competitive in performance with the fastest timings
Rick posted.

uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               +1 303 583 9900 x 101