Re: [xsl] International Characters in attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] International Characters in attributes
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:43:24 GMT
> and you wouldn't believe the number of very early
> NS4 builds, not to mention NS 3 and even NS2

Oh, I believe you:-) But it seems to me that the encoding support in
XML (ie unicode everywhere) is designed to pull us out of this mess, and
the only thing to do is produce conforming documents and then pressure
the browsers to conform. When in "XML mode" (which cuts out NS < 6 of
course) I believe (hope:-) it will be OK. When in HTML mode, or on old
browsers then I agree what you get depends on the phase of the moon and
what you had for breakfast.

> To be joined by maybe 40,000 more Chinese characters, including a
> whole bunch needed to work round problems in the existing 20,000 odd
> in the BMP. Fun days lie ahead.

Quite:-)

David