namespace for xxx:script (was: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments)

Subject: namespace for xxx:script (was: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:13:42 GMT
I said
> If instead it was a top level element in the XSl namespace that was
> allowed to be ignored, I don't see how you would be worse off,

If there were a standardised namespace for extension elements and
functions, an alternative would be to put xxx:script into that.

<xslx:script xmlns:xslx="...">... whatever

That would mean that it would automatically be ignored by default
according to XSLT 1.0 rules, and would be a stronger indication
to implementors that they needn't support this, in particular they could
still claim "full conformance" to XSLT without doing anything with
this element at all.

David