Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments (portability)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments (portability)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:43:37 GMT
> 3) No substitute for testing on multiple processors

which relates to a question I was going to ask about what do people mean
by a portable stylesheet.

One that doesn't use features of XSLT declared to be system independent

One that works uniformly on the XSL engines you have available.

For example, as a general rule I use xt or saxon or msxml3 (in that
order) I don't really know why i use xt out of preference except habit
and it takes less keystrokes,

But for me, a portable stylesheet doesn't use keys doesn't use any fancy
java extensions (but can use some built in ones like multiple output
files and node-set()) and doesn't rely on text nodes working as
advertised in the presence of CDATA markup.