[xsl] -1072896760, An invalid character was found in text content.

Subject: [xsl] -1072896760, An invalid character was found in text content.
From: "Gavin Landon" <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:27:53 -0600
I'm getting an error only in MSXML when loading both my XML and XSL file together to produce my html file.  This only happens sometime and the XML list thinks it has something to do with a few markup-significant characters.  I have been working on this for the last week and at dead ends..   Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

WORKS: http://beta.minddata.com/Search.asp?action=New&SiteID=minddatacom&SearchString=Help
ERROR: http://beta.minddata.com/Search.asp?action=New&SiteID=minddatacom&SearchString=MindData
XML FILE: http://www.indexonus.com/xml.asp?action=New&SiteID=minddatacom&SearchString=MindData

I can take this same XML file that errors, FILE | SAVE AS and put it up on the server as test.xml, then change my link to look at the XML file and there are no errors.    I'm stumpted..

I guess for starters, does anyone have a generic function that will take embedded markup-significant characters, and if there are any, to replace them with their entity-reference equivalents, ie.© to &#169.

--
Gavin Landon
Karland International