Re: The top 10 limitations of XSLT 1.0 (was RE: [xsl] RE: Designs for XSLT functions)

Subject: Re: The top 10 limitations of XSLT 1.0 (was RE: [xsl] RE: Designs for XSLT functions)
From: "Michael Beddow" <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:46:07 -0000
On Wednesday, February 21, 2001 1:53 AM
Andrew Kimball wrote:

> Some of the acute limitations of XSLT 1.0 I can think of off the top
of my
> head are:
> 1. The lack of real string comparison

Yes, where real needs to include full locale support (and no, Unicode
doesn't make that redundant: collation sequence info) and Unicode
character normalisation.

> 3. No simple mechanism for grouping

Fixing that would be a major boost to this list, cos then Jeni could
undefine that keyboard macro of hers that prints out "This is a
grouping problem [...] Hope this helps" and have more time for the
problems we all really need her to solve. And Mike K could undefine
his macro that prints "This is a grouping problem: See Jeni T's
website".

I also echo DaveP's plea (tho I realise performance is an
implementation issue, not one for the spec) to remember the
real-timers among us who always will have that Need for Speed.

Michael