Re: Designs for XSLT functions (Was: Re: [xsl] RE: syntax sugarfor call-template)

Subject: Re: Designs for XSLT functions (Was: Re: [xsl] RE: syntax sugarfor call-template)
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:13:34 +0000
> >From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >>  Well, you can in Saxon 6.2 (which includes 1.1 support, though this
> >>  shouldn't apply given the version="1.0") but not in MSXML3
> >
> >According to the XSLT 1.1 working draft, a conformant XSLT 1.1 processor
> >treats stylesheets in the same way whether they specify version="1.0" or
> >version="1.1": it is not expected to know which features were introduced in
> >which release.

Well, yes I can see that it could get a bit complicated if each later
version was expected to emulate every earlier version. That'll teach me
to pay more attention to specifics. There it is in XSLT 1.1 Requirements
- but I only remembered the gist of it, not the "in error" exclusion:

"Any stylesheet whose behaviour is fully specified in version 1.0, and
which is not in error under version 1.0, MUST behave the same way under
version 1.1."

Francis.