[xsl] apply-import and named templates

Subject: [xsl] apply-import and named templates
From: Kelly Campbell <camk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:56:48 -0700
I haven't found an answer to this in either the spec or the XSLT FAQ, so I'm
asking here.

Is there a way to do the equivalent of <xsl:apply-imports/> on a named
template? The spec mentions match templates only in the discussions about
imports and conflict resolution, and Xalan-J 2 has a stack overflow if I try
to use something like the following.

file:///common.xsl:
------------------------------
<xsl:template name="foo">
bar
</xsl:template>

file:///special.xsl:
------------------------------
<xsl:import href="common.xsl"/>

<xsl:template name="foo">
foo<xsl:apply-imports/>
</xsl:template>

The desired effect of calling the template named foo on special.xsl is to
give the result string of "foobar"

Is there any way to override a named template but still be able to call the
imported version?

Thanks,
Kelly
--
Kelly A. Campbell                       Software Engineer
<camk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 ChannelPoint, Inc.