[xsl] Using xsl:include when converting xsl to xsl

Subject: [xsl] Using xsl:include when converting xsl to xsl
From: "Tim Watts" <timw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:30:15 +1100
Hi,

We have been using XT parser to convert XML output from a database program
into HTML however by using a java parser we are not getting the speed we
require and are now about to use a C++ Parser, Sabletron.  This has one
restriction - we are unable to use includes for parts which are common HTML
(such as header information with page titles).

What we intend to do is pre-parse the xsl's with the xsl:include into xsl's
without the include.  This way the final product can be parsed with
Sabletron, but any 'global' changes that may be required later can be made
to the included files and pre-parsed once more.  (We also are going to offer
multilingual support and pre-parsing this information will save processing
this info each time.)

The following code was created to test this.

<x:stylesheet xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
                     xmlns:xsl="anything" version="1.0">
<x:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
<x:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="xsl" result-prefix="xsl"/>
<x:include href="../functions.xsl" />
<x:template match="/">
	<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0">
		<xsl:param name="title">Order Received</xsl:param>
			<xsl:template name="body">
					<th><b>Your order creation was successful, an email has been sent to
you for confirmation.</b></th>
select="data/document/language/ld-companyname"/></td>
		</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
</x:template>
</x:stylesheet>

I expected the xsl:template name="body", which is the HTML header
information contained in functions.xsl, to be added to the resulting xsl
file but this didn't happen.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to make this work.

Thanks,

Tim Watts