Re: [xsl] Embedded Javascript (xsl:script issue)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Embedded Javascript (xsl:script issue)
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:43:43 +0000
Hi Zeynep,

> A few days ago I had posted a question about not being able to use
> xsl:script, and since this e-mail group discuss quite sophisticated
> issues my problem can easily be overlooked. However, I really don't
> know who to ask for help!

xsl:script isn't part of XSLT 1.0, and I don't think that Xalan
supports XSLT 1.1 yet (unsurprisingly, given that it's still only a
Working Draft).

You could try doing the same kind of thing with lxslt:component and
lxslt:script.  Have a look at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan/extensions.html for a description of how
they work.

> I need to process a file containing a number of XML messages,
> translate them to another HTML-like format and while doing that,
> generate a unique id for each of them.

Have you looked at using generate-id() to generate unique IDs?

By the way, why are you doing:

>   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping='yes'>&lt;XID&gt;</xsl:text>

You don't usually need to use disable-output-escaping, so if you're
finding it necessary then you're probably missing something.  If you
post here with a description of what you're trying to do with the
above, and why you can't use:

  <XID />

or something similar instead, then we'll probably be able to help.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison