RE: [xsl] Path for a DTD : proposition

Subject: RE: [xsl] Path for a DTD : proposition
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:15:01 -0000
dc
> > How about catalog support in 1.1?
>
> Catalog support is irrelevant to XSLT, surely.
> It's a good thing (on the whole) but it's a feature of the XML parser
> used not of the XSL system. If your XML parser supports catalogues
> then you can use them with XSLT 1.0.

Yep, thats what I'd really like.
E.g.

I create an xml file with a tool, hiding all the nasty bits.
I then want to transform it, but the silly (but correct) tool
includes, say, an xhtml dtd on the web, at w3c.

This necessitates an intermediate step of deleting the DTD reference
from the file, where I could resolve it locally using the fpi if
I'm not connected.

I'd far rather not have to do this sed step in the process,
and catalog support would resolve it.

Regards daveP