Re: [xsl] Is XML to CHTML Transformation possible ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is XML to CHTML Transformation possible ?
From: cutlass <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:29:29 +0000
Brian O'Neill wrote:

Thanks all for your help.

If I'm trying to make the same web page accessible from multiple devices,
say PC, WAP Phone and I-Mode phone, I use XSL to transform XML to HTML, WML
and CHTML.

But how does it know that its being accessed by a WAP Phone ( convert to WML
) or by a PC ( convert to HTML ) ?

off-topic, this ? is a browser detection issue

usually u can use look for one of the supplied browser vars with javascript or env var with apache lets say, otherwise this has been gone over man times
check out

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/02/index2a.html

but remember that in essence look at the http_accept var because if it is a wap fone it will have text/vnd.wap.wml somewhere in it.

a) get any of the http vars that a browser supplys http_accept and http_user_agent comes to mind
b) check for a string such as "Navigator' Mozilla, etc and redirect to correct directory/file for that client

cheers, jim