[xsl] URL rewriting of links on xsl pages?

Subject: [xsl] URL rewriting of links on xsl pages?
From: "Kevin Duffey" <kevin.duffey@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:43:18 -0800
Hi there,

For some of you who are familiar with Java and the response.encodeURL()
method, I am curious..how is this done in XSL? Some clients may not accept
cookies. Therefore we must use url rewriting to encode the session id value
in the url. This needs to be done for EVERY link (and form) on every single
page. Is there some way XSL handles this automatically?

This is mostly to allow multiple web applications in a single J2EE
application, so that <a href="/path/page.jsp"> does NOT refer to the root of
the application. I think (not for sure yet) that when multiple web-apps are
deployed in a J2EE application, the / no longer points to the root of the
web application as there could be more than one. Generally, you specify
something like <a href="<%= contextPath %>/path/page.jsp"> where contextPath
is the "root_path" of the specific web application the page is being
accessed in.

Thanks.