Re: [xsl] Copy XHTML element contents without base tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] Copy XHTML element contents without base tag
From: cutlass <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:09:38 +0000

look at faq on copying http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/N1930.html Nick Vincent wrote:

Hi all,

This is probably painfully easy, but I can't think of a solution:

I need to include a raw XHTML fragment in my XSL:

<document>
	<xfragment>
		This is a fragment of XHTML
			[snip dull HTML]
	</xfragment>
</document>

Now, as far as I can see there are two ways of processing this in XSLT:

<xsl:template match="xfragment">
	<xsl:copy-of select="." />
</xsl:template>

Unfortunately this ends up including the <xfragment> tags in the output,
which I can't really have.

The other way I can see is

<xsl:template match="xfragment">
	<xsl:copy-of select="./*" />
</xsl:template>

Unfortunately this removes any text elements which are direct children of
the xfragment tags (e.g. the phrase 'This is a fragment of XHTML' in the
above example).

Does anyone know any better ways of making this copy?

Thanks,

Nick Vincent NeoWorks