[xsl] Moving on, 1 to 1.1

Subject: [xsl] Moving on, 1 to 1.1
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:05:47 -0000
With the assumption that 1.1 will become a reality some time in the future,
i.e. a recommendation.

How do you plan to move to 1.1?

1. Once you have a processor you can trust, start all new stylesheets using
1.1 version?

2. Do a part migration following features as they are implemented?
Perhaps with two processors on the go at once

3. Stick with 1.0.

4. When a 1.1 processor is available, convert all old stylesheets from
   1.0 to 1.1?

??

Mike Kays latest Saxon caused me a hickup with his xsl:document
when I wasn't expecting it (using an old stylesheet), and Sebastians
mail trying to find out what processor supports what triggered me
to thinking about it.

Fine for features cleanly in 1.1, less so for 1.0 'features' (read
extensions) that we have used.

Has anyone actually started to plan for this?

Regards DaveP