Re: [xsl] flushing a variable in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] flushing a variable in XSLT
From: cutlass <cutlass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:49:44 +0000
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to "flush" the contents of a variable in XSLT? I am using XT to do transforms on fairly huge XML files and am creating several large node-sets during the course of the processing. I wondered if it were possible to clear their contents from memory as soon as I have finished with them in order to speed up the transform.

native XSLT has no capability of resetting or 'flushing' a variable, though there may be some implementations that have some proprietary way of doing this.

cheers ,jim fuller