RE: [xsl] Testing for Parent Nodes of multiple types

Subject: RE: [xsl] Testing for Parent Nodes of multiple types
From: "Ciaran Byrne" <ciaran.byrne@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:18:53 -0800
Thanks Mike that worked well.
Although David Carlisle now has me thinking.
At the moment I check the parent type of the context node
but as David suggested why not work the other way
and check the child node of the context node.

My opinion on this would be that each node can
have multiple children so therefore each child would
have to checked (David's approach).
While each child only has one parent so only one
parent would ever need to be checked. (Current approach)

Although it is probably also the case that checking the
parent for each child (current) is the same as checking
the child for each parent (David). Confused ? I know I am ;o)

Any one any ideas on the best approach ?