[xsl] XSLT Performance an issue? was (Comment about XSLT Complier?)

Subject: [xsl] XSLT Performance an issue? was (Comment about XSLT Complier?)
From: "Kevin Jones" <kjouk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:41:30 -0000
Sorry, the date is off, now corrected.

I am a little concerned about the accuracy of this benchmark now. The
figures are roughly in agreement with the Datapower figures at
http://www.datapower.com/XSLTMark/res_2000_11_20.html but that does not mean
we are really getting a good measure. For example, the figures for my own
processor are much better on my benchmark than on the Datapower tests.

I have been thinking about what would constitute a better (more typical?)
set of tests for XSLT processors. Anybody have any views on this, or on if
XSLT performance is still an issue for the adoption of XSLT?

The other factor we don't look at in either of these tests is memory usage.
I guess this is an issue for XSLT based servers and large data transforms
but I don't know how many people suffer from memory problems in practice.

Kev.