RE: [xsl] iXSLT: XSL transformations and symbolic entities

Subject: RE: [xsl] iXSLT: XSL transformations and symbolic entities
From: "David Santamauro" <david.santamauro@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:31:58 -0500
not sure if anyone has answered but:

: <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="ISO-8859-1" indent="yes"

ISO-8859-1 does not include the upper 128 characters (in a single byte
encoding system). You need to specify an encoding that supports those
characters.

: I am transforming between two XML formats. My input DTD has a bunch of
: declarations for symbolic entities, such as
:
: 	<!ENTITY uuml   "&#252;">
:
: which occur in my input XML files. In my XSL stylesheet, I have
:
: <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="ISO-8859-1" indent="yes"
: doctype-system="http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~will/Ariadn
: e/dlmeta-local.dtd"/>
:
: i. e. I would like my transformation process to output umlaut
: characters. In order to do the transformation, I use iXSLT from
: Infoteria. However, the symbolic entities seem to have been ignored, as
: no output occurs. For instance, when the input is the German word
:
: 	Universit&auml;t
:
: (auml being declared in my input DTD) the output is
:
: 	Universitt
:
: Does anybody have a clue why this is happening and/or what I am doing
: wrong?
:
: Thanks for your help and best regards,
: Matthias
:
: p.s.: for some reason, one parameter to specify in iXSLT is the output
: encoding ...
:
:
:
:
: --
:
: PLEASE NOTE THAT MY MAIL ADDRESS m.o.will@xxxxxx WILL BE DISCONTINUED
: AND USE m.o.will@xxxxxx TO SEND ME YOUR E-MAILS! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
:
: Matthias O. Will (m.o.will@xxxxxx)                       <><
: Institute of Computer Science,       University of Freiburg
: Georges-Koehler-Allee, Bldg. 51, D-79110 Freiburg,  Germany
: Phone:   +49-761-203-8170             Fax: +49-761-203-8162
:
: