[xsl] Functional programming in XSLT: use cases

Subject: [xsl] Functional programming in XSLT: use cases
From: Alexey Gokhberg <alexei@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:18:35 +0100
Dear colleagues

Over this weekend, I was studiyng various use cases for my FXSLT
proposal. The results are grouped in the following two categories:

1. DSSSL-like node-set operations

This is a library of extension functions written in FXSLT, which
implements a node-set algebra similar to one defined by DSSSL - the
great predecessor of XSL. The text of this library is available at

http://www.unicorn-enterprises.com/polygon/fxslt-dsssl.txt

2. EXSLT sample functions

This is a library of extension functions written in FXSLT, which
re-implements all EXSLT sample extension functions from the appendix 'B'
of "User-Defined Extension Functions in XSLT", Edition 25-Feb-2001 (see
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/exslt/common/exslt-common-010225.html).
I intentionally use the older edition of EXSLT specification, since it
provides more material for demonstrating FXSLT lambda objects.

The text of this library is available at

http://www.unicorn-enterprises.com/polygon/fxslt-exslt.txt

Comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alexey Gokhberg
Unicorn Enterprises SA
http://www.unicorn-enterprises.com