[xsl] <A> with parameters

Subject: [xsl] <A> with parameters
From: Peter.FLYNN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:05:58 +0100
Hi,

I recently wrote some XSL which works with Xalan and IE and Netscape:

<A>
<xsl:attribute
name="HREF">/myServlet?query=processUser&amp;contact_id=<xsl:apply-templates
select="@ID"/>
</xsl:attribute>
Process User
</A>

This generally works fine under those browser environments.  These browsers
however generally keep the &amp; and process this in the final query.  I'm
now testing with a browser which doesn't support this feature and I'm trying
to generate the & without using &amp; and I'm getting
TransformationExceptions.

If I remove the amp; and just leave the &, Xalan assumes that contact_id is
an entity.
So I tried to wrap the & with <xsl:text> but this did not work either.  (The
code looked as such)

<A>
<xsl:attribute
name="HREF">/myServlet?query=processUser<xsl:text>&</xsl:text>contact_id=<xs
l:apply-templates select="@ID"/>
</xsl:attribute>
Process User
</A>

Is there another way of doing anchors with parameters, so the resulting URL
contains just & and not &amp; ??
The browser I'm using will not handle &amp; in the URL string.

Regards,
Peter