Re: [xsl] XSLT Popularity?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Popularity?
From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (by way of B. Tommie Usdin)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:09:08 -0500
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:46:37 +0100
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"B. Tommie Usdin" wrote:

> >Anyone have any useful ways to measure the popularity and relevance of XSLT
> >over time? Perhaps:
> >
> >*      The number of people who subscribe to this list over time.
> >*      Book sales of major books
> >*      The number of products that use XSLT
> >*      Quotes from respected industry commentators and analysts
> >
> >We are looking for figures suitable for indicating to investors what's going
> >on in the XSLT market. Similar figures for XML in general would also be
> >useful.

You could also break it down by openworld and cashworld, eg

openworld:
*	number of xslt projects in sourceforge
*	number of w3c / oasis / biztalk / ebXML standards incorporating it
(any?)

cashworld:
*	number of courses being offered by commercial vendors
*	number of editors supporting it
*	... and the classic ... job adverts - several computer mags do annual
breakdowns of the their job adverts, which provide very interesting
reading.

Of course the openworld figures in particular would expand significently
if you included XPath, but I don't know if that's relevent on its own.

Francis.