RE: [xsl] Random indexing into a comma seperated list

Subject: RE: [xsl] Random indexing into a comma seperated list
From: "Kaganovich, Yevgeniy (Eugene)" <ykaganovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 20:39:43 -0700
: portable. I was hoping someone might have a breakthrough thought
: like the Muenchian technique for grouping. But you nailed the problem
: on its head - I have islands of non-XML data I need to address/index
: into and I may be forced to recurse for each item. If anyone
: else has a thought, I would appreciate it because my application has
: a fair amount of these comma separated lists. Before closing out this
: inquiry I would like to get a few opinions.

I don't have a solution for you, but may be a useful hint:

You might be able to hack this by a custom extension function or a custom
URI resolver for the document() function. (I can't understand from the spec
whether
document(string($foo))
is allowed, though).

Take a look at http://www.fivesight.com/downloads/xsltflatfile.asp