[xsl] send 'with-param' determined by test

Subject: [xsl] send 'with-param' determined by test
From: "Tim Watts" <timw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:41:46 +1000
Hi,

I would like to send different parameters depending on what XML is available
to the XSLT.

If the user has already conducted a search, I would like the XSL to refer to
the parameter last used (/document/transient/param[@name = 'from-year']), or
else to use a value diffined by me in the XML
(/document/data/merchant/start-date/@year).

I have included the code below.

<xsl:call-template name="date-stripper">
     <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="/document/transient/param[@name = 'from-year']">
               <xsl:with-param name="start-date-year"
select="/document/transient/param[@name = 'from-year']" />
          </xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>
               <xsl:with-param name="start-date-year"
select="/document/data/merchant/start-date/@year" />
           </xsl:otherwise>
     </xsl:choose>

However when I try to run this I get the following error

Error [code:235] [URI:file:/stats/search.xsl] [line:5] [node:
element '<xsl:when>']
  XSL element 'when' cannot contain element 'with-param' at this point

Is there any way to select a param to be sent to a template dependant on a
certain criteria?

Thank you for your help

Tim Watts