Re: [xsl] multiple XSL from one XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] multiple XSL from one XML
From: Pedro Pastor <pps@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 00:48:06 +0200
Ok, there must be any kind of dynamicity to change the way the XML source
document is going to be presented (pre-processed). This usually mean a control
object (process) at the server (servlet, jsp, asp, etc.). But let's consider
the following scenario:

- Suppose we have an XML database (whatever it means, let's say a repository of
XML-structured data talking HTTP to the rest of the world).
- Suppose we have an XML-Query Language with a syntax supporting constructive
directives.

You can:
- build a web form asking for different options,
- converting the parameters into a XML-query sentence,
- send it via HTTP,

and the XML-DBMS produces the magic (combining the XML source with the
appropriate templates).

Of course there is a control process too, but we can get rid of intermediate
processes like the ones mentioned above and encapsulate the dynamicity into the
DBMS.

Well, just an idea.