RE: [xsl] import/include and apply-imports

Subject: RE: [xsl] import/include and apply-imports
From: "Tim Watts" <timw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:16:46 +1000
Janning

As I understand it, there can be only one <template match="book"> in an xsl.

If first.xsl has a <template match="book"> that will be used over the ones
from  the included xsl's, and otherwise if there are more than one then the
last one is used (in Saxon - depends on the XSL Parser I think)

As second.xsl is imported after third.xsl, only the template match in
second.xsl is used.

Otherwise, what would the processor do?  Which should it use? It wouldn't
make sense to have more than one template matching the same node.

I'm pretty sure I read about this in Michael Kays XSLT book, but he may
clarify your question.