RE: [xsl] RE: parameter entity in DTD (was untitled)

Subject: RE: [xsl] RE: parameter entity in DTD (was untitled)
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:29:48 +0100
> >But of course the parameter entity might be used to create a
> default value
> >for an attribute of some element, in which case that
> attribute value will be
> >accessible.
>
> You mean general entity; paramater entites (with the %) can only be
> used in the SGML declarations.

No, I meant parameter entity.
And I don't think XML has any "SGML declarations", so that can't be right.

It is possible to use parameter entity references within the DTD to define
default values for attributes, or expansion text for general entities, and
thereby to make the value of the parameter entity visible in the XPath
model.

Mike Kay
Software AG