RE: [xsl] import/include and apply-imports

Subject: RE: [xsl] import/include and apply-imports
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:31:28 +0100
What the spec actually says is that "xsl:apply-imports processes the current
node using only template rules that were imported into the stylesheet
element containing the current template rule".

The term "current template rule" is well-defined, but "stylesheet element"
and "imported into" are not. I interpret "stylesheet element" to mean "an
xsl:stylesheet element", or what in my book I call a stylesheet module. I
interpret "imported into" to mean that the template rule must be in a
stylesheet module that was either imported directly into this module using
an <xsl:import> element in this module, or that was "imported into" a
stylesheet module that was "directly imported" or "directly included" into
this module.

In this situation, on my reading of the spec, the template rule in
"third.xsl" is not "imported into" the stylesheet module containing the
template rule in "second.xsl".

Mike Kay