[xsl] problem with name="type" in html input tag

Subject: [xsl] problem with name="type" in html input tag
From: Jo Bourne <venus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:16:09 +1000
Hi,

I am using cocoon 1.8.2 and am trying to establish if the problem I am experiencing is a bug in cocoon or something to do with xsl transformations that I am unaware of.

my problem is that in copying a html input tag from my xml source to my html output the attribute type="hidden" is being deleted if, and only if, the value of the name attribute is "type". eg <input name="type" type="hidden" ... >

the following code appears in my xml document:

<the_item>
	[...more xml....]
<Stories_type field_name="type" type="input_hidden"><input type="hidden" name="storytype"  value="54" /></Stories_type>
<Stories_type field_name="type" type="display">Feature</Stories_type>
	[...more xml....]
</the_item>

the following part of my xsl has been copying this and all sorts of other similar tags to the output for months without problem:

<xsl:template match="the_item">
	<xsl:for-each select="*[@type='input_hidden']">
		<xsl:copy-of select="./*|./text()"/>
	</xsl:for-each>
	<xsl:for-each select="*[@type!='input_hidden' and @type!='buttons' and @type!='scripts' and @type!='small_popup' and @type!='other_creator']">
		[...formatting....]
		<xsl:value-of select="key('field_titles', name())/@title" />&#160;//
		[...formatting....]
		<xsl:copy-of select="./*|./text()"/>
		[...formatting....]
	</xsl:for-each>

	[...more xsl....]

</xsl:template>

however, today when I tried to use the above xsl with the following, the type="hidden" was deleted from the input tag that was copied to the output, the only thing I changed was the name attribute of the input tag in the input xml from "storyType" to "type"

<the_item>
	[...more xml....]
<Stories_type field_name="type" type="input_hidden"><input type="hidden" name="type"  value="54" /></Stories_type>
<Stories_type field_name="type" type="display">Feature</Stories_type>
	[...more xml....]
</the_item>

has anyone else encountered a problem like this before? I am thinking it must be a bug in cocoons output formatter, but I just wanted to make sure it is not something stupid that I have overlooked.

cheers
jo
--
Jo Bourne