[xsl] Get Processing Instruction MSXML3.0 sp1

Subject: [xsl] Get Processing Instruction MSXML3.0 sp1
From: "Jay Gardner" <jgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:36:08 -0500
Hello all,

I am having a little trouble with SQL Server 2000 XML capabilities.

I am using templates and sending the template a parameter for the sql
statement.  The query can generate an error if an incorrect value is
sent.  Normally this will not happen, but if it does I want to parse
the XML returned from SQL Server.

Here is a sample error from SQL Server:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<root xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql">
  <?MSSQLError HResult="0x80040e14" Source="Microsoft OLE DB Provider
	for SQL Server" Description="Syntax error converting from a
character
	string to uniqueidentifier."?>
</root>

I am using the MSXML3 parser on a W2 server, and I am having a hard time

gaining a reference to the processing instruction MSSQLError.  I have
been
trying to use selectSingleNode("//MSSQLError") but have had no luck.

Is there a way gain access to the processing instructions using an XPath
query?

Thanks,

Jay Gardner