Re: [xsl] Control over html output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Control over html output
From: Alex Black <enigma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:11:07 -0700
>> what I would like to see is an option for "preserve" i.e. I can make my own
>> whitespace in the xslt, and have that preserved as much as possible as
>> output is sent.
>
> That's the default. If you don't specify indenting then no white space
> will be added by the system and you have full control from the
> stylesheet.

heh, on your groovy processor that works!

sablot seems not to care what I tell it to do :)
but I am glad that the above is a goal for default behavior.

actually, though, I haven't had a reason to really want the "preserve
whitespcae" thing yet, as I get back very nicely compressed, whitespace-less
code which is smaller than my 'normal' code - combined with gzip, this makes
for very, very fast pages indeed.

_alex

--
alex black, ceo