Re: [xsl] Control over html output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Control over html output
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 15:44:05 +0100
> In my experience if I specify indent="no", I get back just one huge block of
> html output... there is no preserving of the original format of my code from
> within the stylesheet.

well your'e doing it wrong then:-)

Remember that white space nodes are stripped from the stylesheet so you
can indent your code nicely. Since it's stripped it doesn't appear in
the output. But you have full control over what does appear in the output
by putting white space in nodes that are not stripped, either text nodes
that are not all white, or inside xsl:text or that have xml:space set to
preserve.

In particular

<xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>

will put a line break into the output.