Re: [xsl] GUI tool for building XML to XML stylesheets.

Subject: Re: [xsl] GUI tool for building XML to XML stylesheets.
From: "John Evdemon" <john.evdemon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:30:54 -0400
On 23 May 2001, at 17:00, Cliff McBride wrote:

> A coworkers is looking for a graphical tool to help him build XML to
> XML stylesheets.  The tool would read two DTDs, one representing the
> source documents and one representing the destination documents, and
> then allow the user to graphically map fields (elements, attributes)
> from the source to the destination.  The output of the tool would be
> an XSLT stylesheet that implements the necessary transformations.  The
> idea sounds reasonable, does anyone know of any graphical tools for
> doing this?

We have a graphical product that can map one DTD to another.  Its
got a built-in testing environment (to verify that your transformation
will work as expected) and generates either XSLT, JSP or Java
classes.  Our mapper is 100% Java and has been tested on
Windows, Linux, Solaris and AIX.  You can take advantage of built-
in functions (the BizTalk Mapper calls these "functoids").  The
functions are extensible via JavaBeans (we provide several code
samples illustrating how to add your own functions).

We are wrapping up testing the Schema version of the Mapper and
expect to make it available next month.

John Evdemon
CTO
XMLSolutions