RE: [xsl] javax.xml.transform: prohibiting Java extensions

Subject: RE: [xsl] javax.xml.transform: prohibiting Java extensions
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:52:36 +0100
> I am considering to use XPath as a query language within a WebDAV DASL
> grammar. This means client software can submit a query where
> the condition
> is expressed as XPath expression applied to the WebDAV
> properties of the resource(s).

An interesting thing to do (count me as interested too). Of course, to do
this you must first define a mapping from the WebDAV data model to the XPath
data model, then you must somehow arrange for your chosen XPath engine to
connect to this data model.

> Obviously, one needs a way to prohibit execution of extension
> functions...

A good point, I don't know an obvious answer.

Mike Kay