Re: [xsl] Convert XML elements with extended attributes into CSV

Subject: Re: [xsl] Convert XML elements with extended attributes into CSV
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 21:16:22 +0100
Hi Xiaocun,

> Thanks Jeni. The template you provided to replace " with "" worked
> great. The flexibility that the template can either use
> apply-templates or call-template proved to be real useful. Since I
> was only applying it to the attributes, I followed your instruction
> to call it by name like following:
>
> <xsl:call-template name="escape-CSV">
> <xsl:with-param name="string" select="@Description" />
> </xsl:call-template>
>
> and it worked prefectly.

No problems, but you can apply templates in 'escape-CSV' mode to any
kind of node, attributes included, so with the template I provided,
you could do:

  <xsl:apply-templates select="@Description" mode="escape-CSV" />

with exactly the same effect.

My comment about calling templates instead was if you need to
substitute strings in, say, the first 20 characters of a string, or
the normalised version of it or something, e.g.:

<xsl:call-template name="escape-CSV">
   <xsl:with-param name="string"
                   select="substring(@Description, 1, 20)" />
</xsl:call-template>