Re: [xsl] Passing Parameters to an XSL stylesheet...

Subject: Re: [xsl] Passing Parameters to an XSL stylesheet...
From: Paul Busse <paul.busse@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 May 2001 11:39:37 +0200
Hello Dagmar,

I'm not answering through the list as I did not verify my solution.

First: what is the cost of making the file language.inc and xml file.
It seems to be structured data, from where I'm standing and that is far
away. Perhaps it is allready an XML file. I presume for the moment that
you would build a structure like

    <doc>
    <tag name='VARIABLE_COLUMN1'>titel kolom 1</tag>
    </doc>

If that is the case you should be able to read the XML file in variable.
something like
    <xsl:variable ...>
        <xsl:copy-of select="document( language.inc )">
    </xsl:variable>

When you want to translate you 'VARIABLE_COLUMN1' you should
could call a named template with two variables:

    <xsl:template name='aaa'>
        <xsl:param name='doc'/>
        <xsl:param naem= 'tag'/>

        xsl:value-of select="node-set($doc)/doc/tag[@name =$tag]"/>
    </xsl:template>

I do not have the time to verify this myself but something along these
lines should do the trick.

Note that you probably use extensions and they differ from parser to
parser.

I hope that
    1. I understood the problem correctly
    2. this helps

Kind regards

Paul

--
Paul Bussé                    Ubizen
Senior Systems Engineer       We Secure e-Business