[xsl] ADO recordsets & Cursonlocation

Subject: [xsl] ADO recordsets & Cursonlocation
From: pcaspian@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:10:25 +0100
Hi, this might be just a little off the topic, but I need it to work with
XSL so...

I create a connection to my database with

set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.CursorLocation = adUseClient

I get stuck here with error message:

"Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with one another. "

I mean, I NEED to be able to set this to the connection type. I know I can
set this in the recordset, but I get the same error message, THUS I figured
I need to be able to set this in the connection.

I am using visual studio 6.0 and I dont know if I have an archaic  MDAC???

* I essentially want to make use of persisting my objects on the disk. I
can connect to ODBC or an OLE source and not specifying the CursorLocation.
However I need to specify this as I want to create my xml file on the
client. I know that if you specify this, its suppose to set the CursorType
to adReadOnly. I want to be able to read in the XML file after I have saved
it and then edit/update it. I have managed to save the xml file to disk
already, but now that I want to update it, I cant as I didnt originally
when I saved the file, set the proper cursonlocation.

I realise this would probably be an infantile problem to some, so if you
wish to reply in private it would be fine.

thanks guys

Karlo