RE: [xsl] [XSL] Custom DocumentHandler in XT

Subject: RE: [xsl] [XSL] Custom DocumentHandler in XT
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:30:01 +0100
> Moreover, I also want to use FOP stylesheets. I've used FOP
> (mostly with
> Cocoon), put I can't figure out how I might use it just like
> I'm using
> XT. I'd like to have another DocumentHandler, but I don't
> think that is
> how FOP was intended to be used. Anybody have any ideas?

xt is rather old and still uses SAX1. FOP is newer and uses SAX2. You can
use FOP as a ContentHandler behind any SAX2-based XSLT processor: if you
want to see an example of how to do this, see how Saxon does it with its
FOPEmitter class. You could use that, or use the built-in integration
between Xalan and FOP, or roll-your-own just as easily.

Mike Kay
Software AG